Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Who here believes that with the addition of add-ons and DLC in games a day will come when?

we no longer will be able to buy a full game anymore? I mean this is a load of crap. If you buy mortal Kombat used you are going to pay $10 to play it online. And how about releasing all the characters at once. I don't believe in DLC. the only games I bought DLC for came on the disk. I.E. Fallout 3 GOTY. Believe me these developers make plenty of $. They just want to find a way to F us.



Anyway watch. The days of buying a game are over. I mean most of this DLC is already on the DISC. You are paying for a code to unlock it. You'll pay $60 for a game. $10 for a character, $10 for a level. And when you re-sell it you can't sell the DLC back!!! Thats how the garbage psp go works. Soul Calibur is still $40. At gamestop its $15. I refuse to pay for anything that doesn't have a physical form(a disk). Any thoughts?Who here believes that with the addition of add-ons and DLC in games a day will come when?
Yea I hate that... 15$ for a COD map pack? WTF? I've only bought one for WaW and it turned out to be crap. I thought it would renew my interest in that game after 2 months of game play and keep me tuned in till MW2, but that only lasted 10 hours. Believe me, if a developer comes out with a DLC, it should be free, or at least save the small stuff and add it to the next game in the series. I like how DICE and EA did with Bad Company 2. They gave new players VIP code and they get free DLC. And people who bought it used will have to buy the VIP code in order to get at least a little money from gamestop... But then again... its all about money....Who here believes that with the addition of add-ons and DLC in games a day will come when?
that day is coming, there's a lot of pc games that are free but you then pay for all the little extras that make the game worth playing.



Top games will make ten times the retail cost through dlc in the future, but crap games will make nothing.Who here believes that with the addition of add-ons and DLC in games a day will come when?
Yeah, I totally agree. It makes me mad in Soul Calibur 4 I will never be able to make a character with a blazer because it came out with a limited edition version of the game which I didn't know existed until a year later. That content is already on the disc ... just infuriating.



Other DLC is worth the buy though. When companies do it right like Rockstar's Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare, best extra content I ever bought and fully was worth the $10.
I agree mostly with what you are saying. I do think that DLC is a load of crap and that they should develop everything for the game before they release it and leave the after thoughts behind. I got Marvel vs Capcom 3 and I was upset to find I had to pay to get the last two characters and now I have to pay to get alternate costumes? WTF is that? That use to be unlockable content like if you played it for so long or did certain objectives. Some DLC however is good. I don't mind some expansion packs like Oblivion's Shivering Isles or Borderlands Island of Doctor Ned just because it was practically another game but it has gotten out of hand. Like for COD, having to pay for a few levels that you can only play online, and you can only play online if you pay $5 a month and you can only do that if you have good internet? Ya that's messed up. I have bought extra levels for multi-player but only for Halo because I have Halo parties and they come in handy to mix things up. Having to get special codes and paying and extra $5 for a costume or special weapon is dumb. Don't get me started on downfall of a good story line or even offline multi-player. I feel ya man.
  • cool games for girls
  • barometer
  • chinese food delivery
  • mike geary
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment