Saturday, March 10, 2012

Are there any haunted places these days that allow you to explore completely on your own at night?

Just ONCE I would like to do what they do on shows like Taps or whatever. Just one night I would LOVE to hang out in a haunted building at night with a group of others to see if we hear or see anything paranormal.



I don't want a ghost tour with some woman/man talking about the ghosts people have seen in the past. I want to see it for myself even if that includes just sitting there for a full night waiting for something interesting to happen.Are there any haunted places these days that allow you to explore completely on your own at night?There's a lot of haunted hotels where you can stay and just do whatever you want. I've stayed at two of them...



1) The Menger Hotel in San Antonio, TX, directly outside the Alamo...haunted by the ghost of a maid wearing a green dress, who was murdered in the hotel around 1870 by her jealous lover who found her with another man. I've heard stories of her being seen on the 4th floor of the hotel as well as the bartender having seen Mexican soldiers in the 2nd floor mezzanine area of the old bar.



and



2) The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO...haunted by the ghosts of Mr. and Mrs. Stanley (Inventor of the Stanley Steamer Engine). Mrs. Stanley is believed to play the piano in the drawing room and miraculously clean up spills from the floors (she was a neat-freak, I guess). It was also the hotel that Stephen King stayed in, when he was writing "The Shining".



Personally, I never experienced anything in either of those hotels, but the Stanley Hotel did give me the creeps when we had dinner there in November one year.

No comments:

Post a Comment